The DNA sequencing industry has expanded rapidly over the last decade, bringing unprecedented levels of insight and greatly expanding our understanding of biology. A rapid decline in sequencing costs has driven initial uptake, with the market growing at a CAGR of 16.6% since 2014 to exceed US$8 billion in 2021. Recent developments, such as the development of third-generation sequencing methods and the recent COVID-19 pandemic, are causing major changes in the industry and may serve to bring about a new age for the DNA sequencing market.
IDTechEx forecasts the DNA sequencing market to exceed US$12 billion by 2033. This webinar will explore the growing DNA sequencing industry and evaluate the potential future of the market. The webinar will include:
- A brief introduction to DNA sequencing and the key drivers for the market
- The technology behind third-generation sequencing methods and comparisons with current sequencing methods
- A review of the current and potential applications of DNA sequencing
- Business models and relevant key players for each
- Discussions on the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on the DNA sequencing market
- An evaluation of the challenges faced by the industry