From microwave doors to coatings on camera lenses, metamaterials can be found in many aspects of today's society. However, the potential for metamaterials extends far beyond these - by taking advantage of a periodic structure to achieve potentially revolutionary capabilities, metamaterials have drawn much attention due to their applications across telecommunications, consumer electronics, and aerospace.
After years of research, metamaterial technology for several major applications is now reaching maturity. IDTechEx anticipates major growth for the electromagnetic metamaterial industry, with the market expected to reach US$8.4 billion by 2043. This webinar will explore the industry for both optical and radio-frequency metamaterials, focusing on the emerging application opportunities such as high frequency telecommunications and metalenses.
This webinar will include:
- A brief introduction to electromagnetic metamaterials and key opportunities for the market
- The technology for electromagnetic metamaterials across various applications, comparing with incumbents wherever applicable
- A review of the current state of the market for electromagnetic metamaterials
- Manufacturing requirements and relevant methods of manufacture across multiple applications
- An evaluation of several challenges faced by the industry
More detailed information, including the full market forecasts, can be found in IDTechEx's report on the topic: "Metamaterials Markets 2023-2043: Optical and Radio-Frequency
". Based on interviews with various companies across the value chain, this report assesses a wide range of technologies and applications across 33 forecast segments and provides clear insight into the status and prospects of metamaterials.